The Magicians season 1 review

Hello :)


We're here again with a new tv-show review, this time it's The Magicians, this week the final episode aired and we thought it would be nice to write our thoughts on it. I'm in the middle of reading the first book by Lev Grossmann as well and I think it's roughly supposed to go along the first season. I warn you ahead, that there might be some spoilers, just letting you know if you haven't seen the last episode yet.

First some general thoughts on the show, I must say I enjoyed it very much, liked the idea behind it, it gave another new take of the world of magic and fantasy. I think the characters were all interesting and very unique just like people are in realty, none of them were perfect or unrealistic, which was pleasent to see. The story I felt at parts moved on too fast, especially the end, I feel like it could'ev been explained better, when I compare the pace to the book then at parts the show moved on faster and at parts it went especially slow.

Of course in the book there are a lot of differences, for example they're younger and they graduate before they even go to Fillory, so that was a bit to get used to, when reading the book (I started reading the book when I was already in the middle of the series).

There were also a lot of things that weren't quite explained in the show, so I'm looking forward to finding out whether they're explained in the book. For example the ending, I thought they were going to kill the Beast by the end of the show, but it seems like that didn't happen and did Alice die or was she just unconcious and what happened to the rest of them.

Luckily the show is going to have a second season, but we won't get to see it until 2017...I guess I'll have to read the books in the meanwhile.

We definitely recommend to series to those who are interested in fantasy and young adult type of books and movies and you have to have a bit of a tolerance towards blood, just a little warning.

Anyway, that's all from us this time around,
Kaiela :)

Kommentaarid

Populaarsed postitused