To Kill a Cactus - The Beginning of The End part 5

The Beginning of The End part 4: HERE

...


The grass felt amazing underneath my feet, I moved as if I was dreaming, I had never seen so much green in my entire life, it instantly became my favourite colour, the colour of freedom. I tried to understand where I was going, but I couldn't tell, I just knew where I had to go, I felt it.

I reached the gates of a house, completely unfamiliar to me and as soon as I stepped near them the gates opened and two women were standing in front of me. Had I been within my sain state of mind, I would've run, but I just stood there.

"We have been expecting you, come in," one of the women said, she smiled and invited me in.

I stepped onwards, the road was paved with perfectly round stones, there were flowers and a narrow river flowing through the garden. I looked around and took it all in, it felt so warm and welcoming. We walked towards a tall white building, it was a perfect giant cube. It almost seemed out of place inside this glorious extravagant garden.

The building had no windows and I was only available to see a single door, that automatically opened when we got near it. The two women were leading me inside, the hallway was long and very well lit, it almost hurt my eyes. I didn't want to go in, my heart started racing and I wanted to run away, but my feet kept carrying me. The door shut behind me. I was trapped once again.

"What am I doing here?" I finally asked.

"What do you think?" one of the women answered. Both of them looked a lot alike, like sisters, tall, perfect blonde long hair, their steps were exactly the same length, I had to take 10 steps for each 7 that they took, yes I was counting.

"I don't know," I said more to myself than them since they didn't seem to pay any more attention to me.

We reached an elevator, they pushed me in and stayed outside themselves, the doors closed again and then I was moving downwards. There were no buttons inside the elevator. So I just sat on the floor of the tiny white box that I was stuck in.The ride felt like forever, but finally, the doors opened and a man with a slightly goofy smile was staring at me.

"You must be Paithoon, it's such a pleasure to meet you," he said reaching out his hand to me.

I stood up and shakily moved towards him to accept his hand. He seemed harmless, with his big brown eyes and a scruffy beard that definitely had some breadcrumbs stuck in it.

"I'm sorry, I'm so impolite, my name is Bruno, I am a part of your research group, I and Manny have been waiting for you ever since Christopher told us, that he found you. I haven't heard of him in a while, do you know how he's doing?" Bruno continued talking while leading me through an incredibly well-equipped laboratory, but I couldn't enjoy it, the sound of Christopher's name instantly filled my eyes with tears.

"Oh, no no no no no," Bruno muttered when he saw my eyes.

"He, umm, is..." I couldn't say it, I kept trying to hold back the tears, but everything inside of me felt broken. As if I was in a million pieces and just like shatters of glass I hurt those who came too close to me.

"Oh, you little thing," Bruno said as he wrapped me in a big soft Christmas blanket. Little did he know, I was not shaking of cold, just out of anger.


...


To Be Continued




Kommentaarid

Populaarsed postitused