What I eat in a Day :)

Hello :)


Today I had a bit of time to spare, so I decided to do a blog post about everything I ate today, but I decided to add a little twist and also talk about all the benefits different things I ate had, so let's just get into it.

My breakfast looks roughly about the same every morning, I have granola with soy milk and if I have the time, then also some fruit. I don't have a problem with combining different fruits and grains, so I do that, but if you have difficulties digesting different things together, then have mono meals instead.



The fruits I had were plums, watermelon and mango, all were very delicious. After my breakfast I already fulfilled my need for the day of Vitamin C and B6 and I had also reaced 80% of my daily recommended water intake, which isn't too bad. The breakfast itself was roughly around 600 calories.

Let's talk benefits then. Granola is a great source of fiber and a way to get your grains in first thing in the morning, I make granola myself as well, so I can control what goes in it, how much sugar I add, or don't add any at all. The nutrients you get from it depend a lot on what you put in it, but generally grains are high in B group vitamins, seeds have Vitamin E in them, chia seeds also area a great source of Omega-3, dried fruit also can provide a variety of different nutrients, so feel free to add anything you like.

The soy milk I have has been fortified with a variety of micronutrients, which is a great way to get B12, Calcium and Vitamin D in your diet, especially if you don't have any or have little animal products.

Fruit is obviously a great source of water and fiber, watermelon is also one of the fruits rich in Lysine, an essential aminoacid, it also has plenty of Vitamin C. Mango isn't just tasty it also has Vitamin C, A, Folates, E and B6, it actually has almost all minerals and vitamins, but in rather small amounts. The ones I mention have around 10% or more of the required amount in 100 g of the product. Plums are mainly just tasty, but you can get a good amount of Vitamin E, Niacin and Copper from them as well.

As a snack between lunch and dinner, i had some dried sweet chilli salsa peas, which were delicious and peas are a great source of a veriety of minerals and vitamins.



Another snack I had was a slice of wholegrain bread with peanutbutter and after I have written this post, I intend to also snack on some carrots and nuts, but let's get on to my second meal of the day.

I had a bowl of spaghetti with peas, beans, tomato, nutritional yeast and cheddar style vegan cheese. I also had a BTL style sandwitch with tofu bacon, which I made myself. I've talked about nutritional yeast before and as I've said before it has a lot of B group vitamins in it. Tofu is a great source of calcium and iron. Peas and beans have aminoacids in them and also a variety of minerals and vitamins.



After my meal I also had a mug of cacao and a supplement that had Vitamin D in it, along with some other vitamins.

That's all I had today, I'll also add a chart of all of the nutrients I got today.






































That's all for today, I tried also following my aminoacids, but the database I used was not cooperative, so maybe I'll do it next time.

Kaiela :)

Kommentaarid

Populaarsed postitused