Vegan Week :)

Hello :)



Today marks the first day of our Vegan Week. Me, Kai and my sister decided to try a plant-based lifestyle for a week. We were inspired by the movie "Forks over Knives". It was a very interesting movie, so I'd recommend it for sure, especially if the plant-based world is foreign to you.

Kai and I are mainly plant-based anyway, but it is a whole new world for my sister, so I hope she'll do well and will find it a great experience.

Omeletting you in on a secret...this omelette is made of chickpea flour.

For those unaware, a plant-based diet is exactly what it sounds like, it consists of only plants: vegetables, fruits, berries, legumes, nuts, seeds, grains and everything you can make from them. Some foods may say that they contain traces of eggs or milk, but that doesn't make them not plant-based since the recipe itself does not include them, they just have been made in the same factory with something that does include such things. There are also a lot of additional things like some don't eat GMO or non-organic or plants that have been fertilized with animal products or things that contain palm oil (its production is harmful towards animals), but we are going to go the simplest route and just follow the no animal products rule.

The first day has been fairly easy, or so it seems, I feel like with all of the things available in our shops at the current time, you can veganise almost any dish. The main struggle has been that my sister couldn't find where the chia seeds were at the shop she was buying her groceries from. For us, much hasn't changed, I have also stocked up on chia seeds, so I'm all good.

We will be posting some of the things that we have been eating and we have also been pondering the thought of creating an Instagram account for the blog. That would be a great platform to share more than we can here.

Today's discovery was omelettes made out of chickpea flour, they were delicious. 




I guess that's it for now, we will be keeping you posted on how we're doing.

Kaiela :)

Kommentaarid

  1. An Instagram account would be great!!! 😃

    The omelette pun was amazing.

    And I still haven't found chia seeds. I'm beginning to think I should go to another store.

    But veganweek has been really easy so far. 😃

    VastaKustuta
    Vastused
    1. I'm glad you got the pun, I was so happy with myself when I thought of it. Also glad to hear you're enjoying the week :)

      Kustuta

Postita kommentaar

Populaarsed postitused