Death of a Bachelor

Happy 15th of January!




It's finally the day, Panic! at the Disco released their new album, called Death of a Bachelor. It has 11 songs on it, 6 of which were released already earlier and now all of the songs are out.

In case anyone didn't yet know, we love the music P!ATD does, so we've been waiting for the album, ever since we found out it'd be released in January this year.

We're going to give our little review of the album. We've been listening to the songs all day long and as we would'ev guessed, based on the first six songs released prior to today, they were all amazing. I personally enjoy the songs, because although they're all rather different songs, they somehow suit together so well. There are many different styles put together and of course the main reason I first started listening to P!ATD was that the songs have really good lyrics and a great feel to them.

A little bit more on each song. 

First song of the album is "Victorious" (i put a link, so that when you click on the title, it'll take you to the song on YouTube). It's one of the songs that was released already earlier, so I won't talk much about it. My main thoughts on it were, that I found it very catchy and enjoyable already during the first listen and it has a great message to it, so love it, obviously.

Secondly, "Don't Threaten Me with a Good Time". It was also released earlier. I really liked it right away. I absolutely love the lyrics, though I can't relate to most of what he sings of, then I can relate to the feeling of it and it's an amazing song for sure, very well written.

"Hallelujah" was the first song to be released from the album. It has a bit of a gospel sound to it. At first it took me a bit of time to get used to it. Kai on the other hand loved it the moment she heard it, I think it was one of the first songs from them, that she heard. I think it just took a few listens for me to love it as much, since it's quite different from what they've done before. Nevertheless, it's amazing. 

"Emperor's New Clothes" is probably one of my favourites from the album, it was also released already before today I loved it right away, I enjoy the sound of it and the lyrics and the music video is simply one of a kind. I feel like I'm repeating myself a lot, but this song is amazing as well.

"Death of a Bachelor" is obviously the song that also gave the name to the album, or the other way around, not sure. It as well was released erly and it as well is absolutely amazing. The music video is very tamed for a Panic! music video, but it's enjoyable and nice and soothing.

"Crazy=Genius" is one of the new songs. It has a very upbeat sound to it and at times it does actually sound a bit crazy, but I love it and I know I'm saying this a lot, but the song is amazing.

Next up "LA Devotee", this song was released early and if I remember correctly, it was one of the songs that kept Kai up at night, because she couldn't stop listening to it. It's a very good song, also amazing lyrics, sound, feel. I can't think of anything bad about it, it's simly amazing.

"Golden Days" is another new song, released today. I like it  alot, Brendon sings it beautifully. It's another very soothing song with great lyrics. The audio of the song that was put up on the official Panic! at the Disco! YouTube page ends at around 2 minutes in, don't know why that's so, maybe, it'll be fixed by now, but just letting you know.

"The Good, the Bad and the Dirty" is one of Kai's favourites. It's an amazing song for sure, it has a really good feel to it, it's also more upbeat and I imagine nice to dance to, if I could dance, but I can't, so I won't.

"House of Memories" is one of my favourites again. I can't quite put a finger on what I love so much about this song, I just really like the sound of Brendon's voice in that song in particular, although, lets face it, it's amazing always. The song has something to it that gives me goosebumps whenever I listen to it, in a good way, of course, just amazing.

"Impossible Year" is again one of my favourites. It is a bit different to the other songs, it's slower and slightly reminds me of the style they had in the album "Pretty Odd". It's amazing, the lyrics are great as well. Brendon and his crew has done a really good job.

So all in all an amazing album...listen to it...go on...
Kaiela :)









Kommentaarid

Populaarsed postitused