Shadowhunters premiere...what did we think?

Hello world :)


Photo's from here.

Yesterday was the magical day that the Shadowhunters:Mortal Instruments TV Series launched their first episode and in one word it was epic.

Me and Kai are both huge fans of the series, we've read the books and watched the movie that came out, we follow everything shadowhunters related and love the world Cassandra Clare has created. So naturally as soon as we discovered that the book will be turned into a TV Series we were beyond excited. We marked our calendars and have been patiently (or not so patiently) waiting.

First a couple of words about the movie The Mortal Instruments:City of Bones that came out in 2013. It was based on the first book  and although I loved it, it wasn't very accurate to the book itself and I guess that was one of the reasons along with not so good marketing, that caused the film to not do very good.

However I loved most of the actors in the movie so at first glance of the cast of the TV Series I was not sure if they could portray the characters as well as in the movie.

In comparison to the movie I slightly liked Jamie Campbell Bower as Jace more than Dominic Sherwood, but by now I'm almost used to him as Jace. I also really liked Godfrey Gao as Magnus, but Harry Shum Jr also did a very good job. So as for cast in general I am happy with them and obviously I'd have to see more of the series to say for a fact if I like one more than the other.

So now to the actual first episode of the series. It's called The Mortal Cup. I won't giva away any spoilers, just some general thoughts that we had. 

As I said in the beginning, we really liked it. Loved the atmosphere and  the actors, I personally felt like they did justice to the characters in the book and nothing really bothered me so far.

If anything then I felt like it ended too soon, wish the episodes could be longer, but that's hardly anything to seriously complaint about. I'm definitely looking forward to the next episodes.

We both agreed that in terms of the actualy action going on in the series, we prefered it to the movie. The changes made didn't bother us as much, but that might be, because we already knew that I was going to differ from the books a lot and therefore it was easier to get used to. There were a lot of changes made for sure. One character in particular was introduced sooner and changed a lot as well, but again, don't want to give away any big spoilers, so I won't talk much more of that.

Kai in particular wanted to note that Isabelle and Alec looked amazing, fantastic, spectacular...don't know which words she'd prefer to describe them...but pretty much they looked really good. We also found that Isabelle was very close to what we had imagined her in the book. In terms of her style and attitude. And of course her whip looked amazing as well.

We liked the wepons in general, they looked very beautiful and well-made. They weren't quite like I had imagined in the book, but they looked great. Same goes for steles.

Also a few words about the demons, they looked pretty amazing as well. They have definitely put a lot of work into making them look realistic and scary. Maybe it's odd, but I'm looking forward to seeing more different demons to see if they look anything like I had imagined them myself. I think the demon world is a very colourful world. And I can't wait to see more of them...dead of course.

So that's it for our small review of the first episode and our first impressions. Can't wait to see the next episodes.

That's it for today, see you next time,
Kaiela :)

Kommentaarid

Populaarsed postitused