Lunch Ideas for Work

Hello :)


Since it's the Summer and we're back at work, I thought it'd be nice to give some good lunch ideas that I've come up with. I have 7 - 12 hour shifts and I eat just when I have time, therefore the meals that I have must be fast and easy to grab and eat during my little brakes. Often that would mean that the lunches I have wouldn't be very healthy, but I've still done my best to make them as healthy as possible.

First and probably the main thing I make is a smoothie. It's so easy to make, it takes about 5 minutes at most and I can make it in advance at home. Obviously, so that the smoothie would give enough energy and nutririon during the day, I choose ingrediences that would give me the most out of that meal. I also make enough, so it'd last me throughout the day. For that I'd recommend getting some sort of a reusable bottle or something along those lines, because that's also the easiest way to carry the smoothie with you.

The main ingredient of my smoothies is banana. I put as many as I wish into the blender, frozen bananas work well as well. I also love strawberries, pears and oranges. In addition to fruit and a good amount of water I also like to add some little extras to smoothies, such as coconate flakes, oats, grains, seeds etc. I don't mind the texture, but I suppose some people might be put off by those things. They just add a little bit of an extra to the smoothie and make it healthier. If you wish to then you can also add yoghurt or ice cream as well, of course.

So smoothies are my main meal of choice for lunch, they are very versitile, you can pick and choose what you like and come up with new things constantly, they never get boring. They are also very easy to eat while you're in a rush. It's possible to make sweet or savory smoothies and really play around with it.

Another thing, I think is great, is to mealprep, which pretty much means that you make more of a meal you're having for breakfast or dinner and also take it with you in a container, to work. I think overnight oats would work well for that, also all sorts of salads or any meal that you feel like having.

As a drink I would recommend just having water, or maybe some real fruit juice (with no added sugars), but when you're having a smoothie, then it's also a drink at the same time, so that's another bonus for smoothies.

In addition to all that I think it's always good to have some fruit or vegetables, which are ready to eat, with you. They're healthy, taste good and are refreshing.

Anyway, these are all the ides I've had so far, you can always add your own ideas in the comments and if I come up with any new meals suitable for lunch, then it'll be in a new post.

Kaiela :)

Kommentaarid

Populaarsed postitused