Eurovision 2017 Our Top 3 with Comments

Hello :)


The Eurovision season has now officially started, there are already three songs that have been officially released and of course we have to review them. I had a few listens and as a disclamer I must say it was very difficult to put them in any sort of order, since they all felt around the same level to me, I didn't feel an instant fondness towards any of the songs, however this is what me and Kai ended up creating.

As usual we gave points to all of the songs, I calculated the points together and the end results are here:

FIRST place Belarus: It's definitely the most upbeat song out of the three, I like that they sing in their native language and it at least feels positive and cheerful, although obvioulsy I do not understand the meaning. That being said, I don't instantly remember it, I think I'd need a few more listens to give my final thoughts, at the moment, I think it's ok, but nothing breathtaking.

SECOND to THIRD place Albania: It's a ballad in Albanian, but as I have heard they are planning to change it to English soon. I didn't feel like it was anything particularly new from Albania, it sounds good in their native language, obviously only time will tell, what we'll think of the final version, also ok, but I don't feel like it could be a winner as it is right now.

SECOND to THIRD place Georgia: It's a well sung and performed ballad again, but I feel that for me to be impressed by a song of that kind, it has to be very very good and for me it's good and I can appreciate it, but it's not amazing. It also has a similar meaning to last year's winner, the meaning is great, but the song as a whole is a little bit weak.

That's all for today, we'll be updating our top as often as we can and also giving our thoughts about all of the songs, so stay tuned.

Kaiela :)

Kommentaarid

Populaarsed postitused