Yoga Revolution

Hello :)


January is ending and throughout this month I decided for myself that I will do yoga every single day. I got a beautiful new yoga mat from Kai for Christmas, I had a bit of time to spare every day and I had the wish to it, so I did.

I didn't just hop on the mat every day on my own, though, there were thousands of other yogis rolling out their mats every day with me, since I decided to take part in Yoga Revolution. it was an idea generated by the amazing Adriene (Yoga With Adriene on YouTube) and she has actually been giving the chance for people to find yoga for themselves for a while now, but for the past three years in particular she has been giving out 30 or 31 yoga videos throughout the month of January and I think it's fantastic.

I have taken part in all three and although my practice has has it's ups and downs, I've always felt really good and comfortable doing yoga with her, although, she's not really here, unfortunately. She always gives opportunities for all skill levels and thanks to her I feel like I finally have got the hang of breathing. Funny, how I do something every single day, but still had no idea how to do it properly. It feels good to close my eyes, get on the mat, and simply breathe, I don't have to force it anymore, it feels natural. I think it's difficult to understand for someone who has not gone through it, but it feels amazing.

I really like the little challenge of 31 days of yoga, it went by so fast and a part of me really wants to continue every day and therefore I will do my best to do so, the first time around I managed to to yoga for 6 months every day before I found myself too busy and ended up not doing it very often anymore, I don't want that to happen again, so I'll do my best to make time for myself, it feels great.

I really recommend anyone interested in yoga, to go and check Adriene out, she has an amazing sense of humor and great classes for all skill levels, but that's all for today about yoga, see you soon.

Kaiela :)

Kommentaarid

Populaarsed postitused