To Kill a Cactus - Namaste part 5 (The end)

Namaste part 4: HERE


...


I blinked, everything was blurry, slowly coming back to focus and then fading away. My body was aching and sore, I closed my eyes again, everything felt like a haze. I felt my head on the airy pillow, my hair smelled like coconut, it hadn't felt so soft again my skin in ages. I took a long breath in, my lungs filling with air and exhaling all the tiredness and pain. I blinked again, the room around me came to light.

Everything was warm and cosy, I turned to my side and pulled the blanket up to my nose, cuddling up even more. I wasn't sure where I was or what had happened, but I felt so nice that I didn't even care.

"Good morning, Paithoon, how are you feeling today?" I heard a familiar voice say.

I looked up, my eyes focusing on the tall man standing by my bed. It was Christopher, I could barely catch my breath, everything rolled back to my head, he had died...because of me and now he was there.

"Am I dead?" I whispered, looking around the bright white room. Was I in some sort of heaven?

"No, no, everything is fine, you're healing very well," Christopher answered, he sat on the chair next to my bed and started filling out some papers, at the same time a few nurses walked in and brought me a tray with food and started cleaning.

"What happened?" I said, with my voice still raspy and rough.

"There was an outbreak of  a new type of flu, it causes delusions, paranoia and other mental health issues, you have had it for a couple of months, periodically forgetting everything, but you are making great progress, I think you are getting better, do you still believe your delusions?" Christopher asked, I could see his eyes following the women around us, while he was writing something down.

"Delusions?" I muttered.

"About the...zombies?" he continued, I could see the women looking at me from the corner of my eyes. 

"It was not real..." I whispered.

"Exactly, it was not real," Christopher nodded. I looked at his eyes, was I really all just in my head. It must have been, how could Cristopher still be alive, if it hadn't been.

"It was not real," I nodded as well.

As I looked around the room, it turned more and more clear, I had a tough time believing that everything that I thought had happened, actually had, the street behind my window was busy, no zombie creatures, no screaming, running, only laughter and sunshine.

"Wonderful, you are getting better," Christopher answered, he left the room and the two women were right behind him.

I sat up, looked down at my baggy nightshirt, my hair falling to my lap, longer than I had remembered it being. I closed my eyes, everything flashing before my eyes, things that were real ad things that were not. I looked at the shelf next to me, there was a notebook on it and I grabbed it and wrote everything down, everything you have read this far.

This is the end, perhaps not what you wished for, but at the same time, it's a new beginning, because as well all know, nothing's ever quite what it seems.

...


Kommentaarid

  1. I have no words 😯😯😯 no zombies? No nothing? All just a delusion?

    It reminds me of a suggestion that Harry Potter should've ended with Harry waking up in his cupboard under the stairs and all magic had been just a dream.

    There will be a second part though, right? 😀

    VastaKustuta
    Vastused
    1. There might be some more extra posts explaining a bit more, so...stay tuned :)

      Kustuta

Postita kommentaar

Populaarsed postitused