Eurovision 2016 our top 25 (02.03.16)

Hello :)


We decided we'd upload our top 25 now and the next one will be top 35, since a lot of songs are coming out this weekend. As usual, both me and Kai gave our points and created a top according to that, we had quite a lot of disagreements this time around, Kai didn't speak to me for a while afterwards...all we do for this blog... :)

25. Georgia

It's an ok song, but nothing that would blow our minds away. It's a bit too technological and the quality is not very good.

23. - 24. Bosnia & Herzogovina

Another ok song, but again not quite what we'd enjoy, the quality is definitely higher than the previous song had, but alltogether just not our cup of tea.

23. - 24. Austria

It's a very sweet, cute song, but a little bit too repetitive and gets a bit annoying by the end of it...or maybe that's just our opinion.

22. Ukraine

A song with a stron message, very emotionally performed, but just not something I would want to listen again to.

21. UK

It's a catchy pop song, better than what they had last year, but at parts their voices don't really go together very well and it's not interesting enough to listen to more than a few times.

20. Slovenia

Another rather catchy song, but it doesn't have very strong lyrics, at parts we actually find then quite humourous, maybe that's what they went for, but we still couldn't place it any higher.

19. Albania

A beautiful ballad, she sings it very well, but it isn't quite the style I would enjoy, I love the instrumental parts and of course it's a bonus that it's in their native language.

17. - 18. Denmark

It's quite a well produced pop song, but it just isn't interesting enough. They sound good together though and have great energy.

17. - 18. Moldova

Another ballad, we're not quite sure about this one, but it's good, well performed, don't know if it'll remain in this position, but for now it's here.

15. - 16. Malta

And yet another ballad, as you can see they're not getting very high on our top. It's a well sung and performed song, but for me falls a little flat.

15. - 16. Belarus

Although it's not very good live, there is something about this song that sound pleasing to the ear, it might be just to us, but we think it's good.

14. Latvia

At first listen we weren't big fans of this song, as I listen more to it, I like it slightly more, but I dodn't see it climbing into my top 10 or anywhere near it.

13. Belgium

It's a very catchy, positive and upbeat song, that's nice to listen to and she also performed it well, although, could be a bit better live.

12. Armenia

It's the newest song out at the moment, it's very artistic and at parts odd, you could say, but it has a certain charm to it.

11. Finland

It's a more upbeat song again, but as we said before, we did prefer another song over this one in the Finnish preselection. It's a good song, she has a nice voice, but there were better ones.

10. Ireland

Kai thinks it's getting a bit boring, but I still like it. It's a well written pop song and, though, as Kai loves to say it doesn't have good lyrics, I still enjoy listening to it.

9. Norway

It's a very beautiful ballad, one of the highest in our top. It has a rather big tempo change between the verse and chorus, but I think it makes the song more interesting to listen to.

8. Hungary

It's a rather good song, every time I listen to it, I enjoy it, I like the whistling and his voice, but when I try to memorise it later, it's like it's gone, Kai doesn't have that problem, she digs it.

7. France

Kai placed this song especially high, for her it reached fourth place, for me it was still in the top ten, but I enjoy the songs in my top 5 just a little bit more. It's a nice song, it's catchy and I love the French parts of it.

6. Cyprus

Another song we didn't quite agree on, but I guess that's normal since more and more songs are coming out. We both like this one, though, enjoyed it from the first listen, it's rather different and we like it.

5. Switzerland

It's definitely a good song, she's very good live as well, Kai actually said she liked her voice better live. It has a bit of a Sia vibe to it and we like it.

4. Germany

I think this song is very nice and for me this song haunts me the most. She performes it very well, it was our favourite from Germany.

3. Iceland


This song is definitely very good, especially along with the performance, it's a bit dark and mystical and we like it. For me I do feel like without the performance it's not quite as amazing, but still very good.

2. Italy


Love the Italian language and this song, sounds really good quality and well sung to me, it has been said that they might change the song, so we'll see if we like the new one as much.

1. Spain


Spain remains our favourite, it's a very good song, I like the lyrics, don't even mind the dancing. She sings it well and Kai has confessed to wishing she had her voice, so it's amazing and our first place for now.

Kaiela :)

Kommentaarid

Populaarsed postitused