Vegan Challenge: Day 2

Hello :)


Today is the second day of my vegan challenge and already day 21 for Kai, so I figured I could talk about our thoughts and feelings so far. I personally have not found it particularly difficult yet, I haven't had to change my eating habits too much, I'd say at least 70% of my food was plant based already before, and on most days, I would not eat anything non plant based up until dinner either, so all I've had to change is dinner and a few snacks that I would normally have here and there.

Probably the biggest struggle I've had during these short two days, is peanut butter, I love peanut butter, but my favourite one has honey in it and since I want to commit to it 100%, then I can't have that and it makes me sad, I did find a jar of vegan peanut butter hidden away behind Kai's belongings, so I intend to eat that instead. I also have some powdered peanut butter, which I feel is better for cooking and smoothies, but otherwise it tastes a bit too healthy, if that makes any sense. It has lower amounts of fat in it, I would guess that's the reason.

All in all, so far so good, I think it's too early to decide how I would feel on a lifestyle like this long term. Kai hasn't noticed any big changes either, she feels the same as she would normally, but I imagine it would feel different for someone, who would try and do this from a less plant based starting point, we were already consuming rather little animal products.

I will be back soon with a blog post about the different meals I've had, but for now this is it. I hope this gave a bit of an insight to how we are doing.

Kaiela :)

Kommentaarid

Populaarsed postitused