Vegan Challenge: Week One Recap

Hello :)


I've officially been vegan for over a week now, it's actually the second day into week two and for Kai it has already been already 28 whole days, so the entire month of February. I think it would be appropriate to talk a bit about how we've done, how we're feeling and so on.



It has been a lot easier than I thought, I feel like the previous time we had a lot more difficulty finding things to eat and generally just struggled more. This time I haven't noticed much of a difference compared to how I would normally eat. The majority of my food has been the same. Plenty of fruits and vegetables, some grains, a bit of legumes, nuts and seeds - that's been the base of my eating habits for a while now.

Nutrient wise, I've been getting around the same amounts of all of the nutrients as I did before, which again goes to show that I haven't had to make a huge change in my diet. I still aim for around 1900 kcal a day, which is my daily recommendation and although some days it has been easier and some days I feel like I eat so much and still don't reach it, on average I've still been getting around 90% of the energy that I ought to be getting.

The amount of food that I eat during the day depends a lot on how much time I have, since I like to base my meals off of wholefoods and cook everything myself, then it does take time and when I'm in a hurry I just tend to grab some fruit with me and that definitely doesn't give me enough energy. So on the days that I'm very busy at school I tend to eat less. I am trying to improve when it comes to that, but as of now I haven't found something healthy, fast and easy to eat and delicious at the same time, so I'm sticking to fruit and maybe some nuts for now as snacks during school.

Feel wise, I don't think I'm any more energised or any different, to be honest. I feel fine, as I usually do. One little side note that I would like to mention, is that a vegan diet is definitely very high in water and fibre, so that has consequences...

That's all for today, first week has gone by so fast, I'm sure so will the upcoming weeks, once Kai has been vegan for 31 days I will do a recap of that as well, but for now, that's it.

Kaiela :)


Kommentaarid

Populaarsed postitused