Andy Black - The Shadow Side (Review)

Hello :)



We are so late with this blog post, but since we really wanted to write about the magical creation, also known as the album The Shadow Side by Andy Black, then that's exactly what we're doing. All of the songs are available on Spotify to listen to, that's how we got to enjoy them, but I'm sure you could find them somewhere else as well, or just buy the album. Unfortunately at least at the moment they can't be in full lenght listened to on YouTube, so I can't put any links.

Anyway lets get to the actual review then. we have stated before that he most definitely has a very unique angelic voice, which we absolutely love. He uses it very well and it's always enjoyable to listen to him singing. This album is no exception. I might as well say right away that all of the songs are amazing.

The entire album is in a very similar in style, the songs have great lyrics, they can be understood differently and they're just generally interesting to listen to. The melodies are nice as well, I enjoy the general mood of the album and I honestly can't bring out a single song that I wouldn't like. They're all in my Sleep Time Playlist and after a week of listening to them as much as I can I haven't gotten bored of any of the songs, not even the ones that have been out for a longer period of time.

We will also bring out some of our favourite songs of the album, although as I said they're all good and I definitely recommend giving them all a listen. However, these were the ones we picked out: "We Don't Have To Dance", "Homecoming King", "Paint It Black", "Put The Gun Down", "Ribcage" and honestly when I start thinking about it I could just list them all here, but I'll leave it at that for the time being.

His music videos are also very well produced, while not being overproduced, they suit well with the general style and mood of the album and are pleasing to the eye as well as the ear.

We suppose maybe his music isn't quite for everyone, the songs aren't the catchiest, although I liked them at first listen. Perhaps it depends if you enjoy that type of music, then I think you'll definitely also like this album. He has described the music himself as 80's synth and goth music. It requires more of a thoughtful listening rather than just a catchy tune. I personally enjoy it, because it helps to actually go into the music and makes it so much more enjoyable.

So all in all, go listen to it and really listen to the lyrics and his amazing voice and perhaps you will love it as much as we do.

Have a beautiful weekend,
Kaiela :)

Kommentaarid

Populaarsed postitused