Rumors...

Happy weekend!




People never fail to surprise me. Just today I heard that me and Kai are two chubby cabbage munching vegans, who have turned completly insane since we came to univeristy...

People are genuinely worried about our mental and physical health, people that I have maybe once talked to in my entire life.

Just to clear it, both me and Kai have the BMI of around 19 and would call ourselves rather slim, we might not be the most muscular or fit, but we're perfectly happy with the way we look and I personally feel like my eating habbits have improved, since I moved out of home. (And the nutritional database that I use agrees with me)

But I did not come here to write about, how indeed we are not vegans, just tried the lifestyle out for a week, and also we have no problems weightwise. How each person views insanity is of course up to themselves. I feel like a healthy amount of insanity is vital for a happy life.

Anyway, all of that...not important, what made me and my friends laugh was, that someone we barely know would spread such rumors about us, eventhough they have no idea about how we live our lives.

I try to stay away from rumors personally and whenever I hear something about somebody, that I can't be a 100% sure about personally, then I treat that information with a healthy amount of scepticism.

So what can I say, me and my friends can laugh about what people tell about us, but there are people, who might be influenced by rumors in a much worse way. We might not want to admit it, but the things other people say about us, makes us think differently about ourselves. It makes us wonder, if what they say is true and maybe we just can't see it ourselves.

Since each person is different and the way we are affected by things others say about us varies depending on the person, then you can never be sure, how the person will react, when they find out what people tell about them.

Sure, us as humans often feel like talking about other people, maybe gossip a little, discuss how others live their lives, to make ourselves feel better. But really, is that the best way to make ourselves feel better?

Maybe next time you start talking about something that someone says that a third person thinks they heard, you'll think again before spreading those rumors on or even tell them that they're probably not right, because lets face it...unless you're the person you never know the full story.

So smile, have some chocolate and drink some tea, other people's opinions of you do not define you, they don't make you any different and definitely not worse. If anything, then the rumor tells more about the person spreading them...because bringing others down is no way to bring yourself up.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend,
Kaiela :)




Kommentaarid

Populaarsed postitused