To Kill a Cactus - The Wise Ones part 4

The Wise Ones part 3: HERE

...


I looked at the girl and started seeing the little girl trying to save her brother, I was startled I hadn't seen it right away. She had the same feist in her. She pushed the door open and ran out the moment she realised he was out there, I couldn't help but wonder how long they had been apart. 

Ash stood there in shock for a second and then ran after her, yelling me to stay where I was. So I was alone yet again. I had the chance to have a look around for the first time. I thought we were in a townhouse, but upon closer observation, I realised it seemed more like a care home or those in need. I saw posters about events and photos of people who had stayed there. There was an office behind me, the door was barely hanging on, it seemed as if something had tried to get in there, there was clawing all around the edges and something that looked like dried up blood was covering the handle.

I felt a little odd and uncomfortable standing there while everyone I knew were outside fighting a mass of crazy zombies, once again I felt useless. I could hear a loud scream outside, but I couldn't recognise the voice, my heart was racing, I looked out of the window, I could see blood on the pavement. The zombies were going crazy, I moved away and crawled up in the corner.

"Hello," I heard a whisper coming from the office. Shivers ran up and down my spine.

I pulled myself to an even smaller ball. A shadow was moving closer to the door, it moved so smoothly, I thought it was a ghost, almost floating. I wished I could've melted into the wall. I covered my face with my hands, I could feel a breeze on my skin, but couldn't force myself to open my eyes. 

There was a sudden sharp pain in my arm, I thought I had been attacked by a zombie, but when I opened my eyes and squeaked out in pain there was nobody there, just blood running down my hand.

When I looked around trying not to faint from the combination of pain and the sight of blood, the door opened and Ash, Christopher and her sister came back inside. They were covered in blood, which seemed my little scratch so insignificant, that I just pulled my sleeve on it and ran to them hoping I could help them somehow.

There was so much blood, but I couldn't tell who was bleeding, judging from the way the girl was pulling her leg behind her, I could tell that she must have hurt herself, but I could also see a scratch on Ash's forehead. They didn't seem like wounds from a zombie attack though, it looked like they had just come out of a war.

"Can I help?" I asked, my voice was trembling and so quiet I doubted they could even hear me.

Christopher lifted his head towards me, though, and pulled some emergency things out of his bag.

"Clean Ash's wound with some of this," he answered and gave me a bottle of thick clear liquid.

I nodded and Ash sat by the wall so I could clean his wound, despite looking like a mess, he seemed pretty happy with himself, I could see that his spiky weapon was covered in zombie blood.

"What happened?" I attempted to inquire. I could feel the curiosity crawling through my mind.

"You wouldn't believe it," Ash answered, "the moment we stepped outside everything changed. All of the zombies looked just like Christopher and Cecilia and they were all attacking me, I couldn't tell who was who. It took us a while before we managed to gather ourselves back together, but not before Cecilia smacked me to the head."


...


To Be Continued


Kommentaarid

  1. Oh my god! What a part! I bet her scratch is actually something really bad but she won't tell others because their wounds seem so much worse. Ahhh, I can't wait till next part! It's too intense!

    VastaKustuta
    Vastused
    1. You have the right feeling, wait for the next part then. :)

      Kustuta

Postita kommentaar

Populaarsed postitused