To Kill a Cactus - Bury Me part 3

Bury Me part 2: HERE

...


"How do you do it?" I inquired once he got up, closed the door and shut the curtains. I felt anxiety starting to settle in my chest.

"You don't have to do anything, I'll just look into your eyes and walk in. You know how people say that eyes are the mirrors of the soul, I believe they are the reflections of our memories, so I look at things the way you saw them, but I don't have the same feelings so I can rationalise them, analyse them and make my conclusions. You just have to relax," Christopher explained while making sure that the room was dim.

Relax, right...that sounded easy enough, but I could feel my entire body tense up instead. I remember doing a variety of breathing exercises to calm myself up when I was feeling anxious at school, but I thought Christopher would probably find it odd if I started doing my alternate nostril breathing, so I just took a long breath and watched Christopher who was settling back into the chair next to me.

"Are you ready?" he asked.

I nodded. He rested his elbows on the table, his eyes were fixed on mine, I wanted to look away so bad, but I knew this was the only way to figure out what was going on.

His eyes were so dark, but slowly little golden specks were appearing in it. I felt like I was drawn into them, everything else was turning blurry and then I was back in the living room and it was the previous day. Ash had just run out of the door and the door shut. I was standing there, I knew that what I saw was my memory, but somehow it was different as if all of my emotions were gone, it was a scary feeling. Everything was there, but it was sharper, I saw movement behind the windows, I heard things like whispers, shouts, steps, all the things I hadn't noticed during the actual moment itself. I noticed that Christopher focused on a voice coming behind me, it seemed just like a window opening, that must have been my attacker. 

I had a look around, the house was a lot messier than I had noticed, there were so many photos on the ground, some were crinkled and the focus turned to one that had been ripped. It almost as if he zoomed in, there were two people in the photo, a woman that looked a little familiar, but I didn't know where from, and my father, I wanted to feel something when I looked at that photo, but there was nothing. 

Then I turned to the event board, there was a poster for amateur singer-songwriter competition supposed to happen a few months prior to the date we were standing there, I had a feeling that didn't end up happening. I turned around and saw the office, the door was barely hanging on and it seemed as if something or someone had tried to get in there or perhaps out of there. There were claw marks around the edges, the vision zoomed in again and I could see small traces of pink nail polish on the wood and blood on the handle of the door.

Then there was the scream, I turned around and looked out of the window, I saw a puddle of blood on the pavement and looked towards the zombies, suddenly it seemed as if there was a fault in the matrix, everything stopped and started shaking, the zombies who had been fighting outside suddenly turned around and looked at me, that's not how it had been, then they jumped in my direction, the window broke, pieces of glass flew towards me and the zombies crawled through, they seemed angry, violent, but I could feel that it wasn't me that they were after, it was Christopher, they wanted to kill him, rip him to pieces and take him to their master.

 I could feel the zombies pulling at my clothes and skin, reaching for my eyes, I screamed out in pain and horror and then it all stopped. We were back in the kitchen, I was still screaming and crying as I saw the cuts and tears on my skin and clothes appear, blood was dripping from my fingertips. Christopher was holding on to me and he seemed in complete shock as well, I guess that hadn't happened before.

...

To Be Continued


Kommentaarid

  1. Oh my god 😮 this part is so intense and just got me asking what the f*** just happened.

    VastaKustuta
    Vastused
    1. I'm glad it had the efect that I hoped for! :)

      Kustuta

Postita kommentaar

Populaarsed postitused