To Kill a Cactus - The Beginning of The End part 1

Chapter 7

The Beginning of The End


I was laying in a shallow grave, not exactly how I imagined I would be spending my evening, but there I was. The coffin was rather spacious, I guess Mr Grindly, the supposed user of that coffin, was a large man. Christopher was squeezed next to me on his side, his head was resting on the white pillow, which wasn't very comfortable, but I guess dead people aren't usually around to complain. With every bit of soil that landed on us, I could feel the tension and anxiousness leave my body, I guess there was something indeed in the air that made me feel all those things I didn't wish to and now we were about to find out who exactly was behind it.

Christopher looked into my eyes and I could feel myself fall into the golden specks, everything was just as I remembered, but instead of the zombies attacking us, I turned around from the window and crawled up in the corner. 

I heard a muted stump and then a voice saying: "Hello"

It was a woman's voice, I could hear the amusement in her voice, a note I hadn't noticed before.

I pulled myself to an even smaller ball. I could feel my nails digging into my skin A shadow was moving closer to the door, it moved so smoothly, I thought it was a ghost, almost floating. I wished I could've melted into the wall. I covered my face with my hands, I could feel a breeze on my skin, but couldn't force myself to open my eyes. 


There was a sudden sharp pain in my arm, I opened my eyes and saw the blood on my arm and a shadow disappearing from the corner of my eye. There was less blood than I had remembered. Christopher slowed down the shot and I saw that the shadow was indeed a woman, wearing a long dark dress, floating smoothly instead of walking, so there was no doubt about who it was - Laylah.

We came back from the vision and I could see that Christopher had figured out it just as I did.

"Laylah? But what would she gain from injecting me with something?" I asked quietly.

He pulled out my arm and looked at the tiny cut. He ran his fingers over it.

"I don't think she was trying to inject you with anything, I think she was trying to take your blood," he answered.

"My blood, what for?" I was startled, I didn't see how that could be of any help to her unless she was into some satanic rituals.

"I'm not sure, but it can't be any good and we need to get out of here now, I might not need oxygen, but you do, shouldn' they be digging us up by now?" Christopher sounded a bit concerned.

"I have a bad feeling about this," I answered and looked around the casket that appeared to be getting smaller by the minute.

...

To Be Continued

Kommentaarid

  1. Laylah - I should've guessed it was her. It's just the type of thing she would do.
    And this Mr Grindly really had to be a huge man if Paithoon thinks it's spacious while being in there with Christopher.
    Great part!😃 Give me some more!!!

    VastaKustuta
    Vastused
    1. Soon, maybe tomorrow, if I have the time to write it. And yes, Mr Grindly was one big man. :)

      Kustuta

Postita kommentaar

Populaarsed postitused