To Kill a Cactus - Bury Me part 5

Bury Me part 4: HERE

...


"That girls' a psycho, we need to get away from her," Cecilia whispered to Ash, but it sounded just like yelling to my ears.

My head yanked towards her without me having any control over it and I could see her staring at me with disgust in her eyes. Ash just looked startled.

"We can't go, I promised to help her. She's our only hope," Ash answered, but I could hear the doubt in his voice.

"She's not Obi-Wan Kenobi, she's just a silly girl who thinks too much of herself and has gone insane. If you don't come with me you can count yourself dead," Cecilia said, her voice was getting louder.

"Cecilia," it was the first time Christopher addressed his sister, "I wish for you to stay,"

Cecilia looked back at him, her eyes as wide as they possibly could go, I could see her defences go down and all that was left was pain, flowing out of her eyes, filling the room, it seemed as if the air was thick of it.

"Then she has to go, she's going to kill us all," Cecilia answered with tears running down her cheeks.

"Trust me, she will not, but I fear that someone is trying to make us think that she will. They want us to leave her, but she needs us and we need her," Christopher explained.

"Then tell me why, because right now I'm really struggling to figure it out," Cecilia sobbed and sat down on the floor.

Christopher sighed, I could feel that whatever he wanted to say, was not easy for him.

"I guess it's time that you know. Dr Norval created this cure or disease, how ever you wish to call it, but he also had a backup plan, to have a group of scientist monitor the entire experiment and make improvements. This group of scientists was still in creation, they had put a lot of research into finding young talented chemists, biologists, medical students, who could think outside the box, think fast and efficiently. Paithoon was one of the candidates, she was on the top of her class, but she never got her invite to the group because things escalated more quickly that they had planned and 7 out of the 10 scientists had already turned to these zombie-like creatures. We need to gather together this group and give them a chance to undo what has been done. The problem is that we need to be underground so we can't be tracked by zombies, especially the wise ones. The earth is a bit of a buffer for their abilities. I'm fairly certain that right now they are trying to mess with Paithoon's mind to indeed drive her insane, make her incapable to do her work essentially. We have to get underground, but I can't think of a place that we could get into, everything's closed down. Once she's underground, I'll be able to really see what happened during the day that she was attacked and we can try to figure out what's going on," Christopher said.

"Then our main mission now would be to find an underground bunker, there must be some..." Ash started discussing all of the possible options.

"Why don't you just bury me?" I asked pointing at a casket in the corner of the room, "I don't think it's supposed user is going to need it."


...

Kommentaarid

  1. I think it's interesting how Christopher says 'they' when talkimg of the wise ones when he is one of them too. I guess it implies that he's trying to differentiate himself from them and prove that deep down he is still human so he should be considered a part of Team Human instead of Team Zombie.
    It's also fascinating to hear Cecilia's point of view. I think her fears don't only come from what she says. She must see Paithoon as some sort of competition since Paithoon has gotten close with Christopher and Cecilia obviously cares for her brother. And of course, they are all afraid of what they don't know and understand.
    Great part! I hope they won't bury her for good 😃

    VastaKustuta
    Vastused
    1. Thanks for the extra long and indepth comment, glad you enjoyed it and you brought out some very good points from the story, new part will be up today. :)

      Kustuta

Postita kommentaar

Populaarsed postitused