Split Week Recap :)

Hello :)


Split week is over and we can proudly say that we stretched every single day this week, roughly about 15-25 minutes. Our main goal was to improve our splits, so we focused on hamstring and hip flexor stretches. I've already uploaded a few posts about or plans and progress, so I will link both of them HERE and HERE.

To sum up the week, it was harder than we thought, we had a very very busy week at school, so it was difficult to even just find the time to do all of the stretches and focus on them, however, we definitely saw some progress. Some days it felt like it's not getting any better, but on other days there was quite a lot of progress to be seen.

To bring an example, I measured how high I was away from the ground before and after stretching and on my right leg, I went from being 10 cm off the ground, to being flat on the ground and my left leg also had an improvement of about 7 cm, which to me seems pretty good.

I think the hardest part really is just getting on the ground and doing the stretches, since it is more difficult to motivate ourselves to do it, when we're on our own and not in a yoga or stretching class. I feel like we could also have more knowledge on stretches, since it's sometimes just difficult to figure out how to stretch, how to do it correctly and so that the impact would be as good as possible.

Today was the last day of our stretches, so I really pushed myself as much as possible, I got my right leg splits on the ground and the left one was just a tiny bit away from my goal, but I feel like it was much better than before, so I will try to continue stretching more on my own and hopefully get there eventually.

That's all for today, I have so many more blog posts simply waiting to be written, so there will most likely be one tomorrow as well, stay tuned. 
Kaiela :)

Kommentaarid

Populaarsed postitused