Healthy homemade desserts (Vegan options)

Hello :)


Today I have a post about healthy desserts, I got this amazing cook book for my birthday from my good friend and I decided to try out a few of the recipies, to see if they're as good as they claim to be.

Obviously I alone wouldn't be good enough of a judge, so a few days ago now, I had 3 of my friends, including my sister, taste test some healthy desserts, that I attempted to make, now I bring to you the results.

Avocado and banana cream

In the order of how they tested them, first up was a banana avocado cream. It wasn't very difficult to make, just 2 bananas, an avocado, maple syrup (if you wish it to be vegan) or honey, coco powder and a tiny bit of lemon juice all blended together and ready it was. It ended up tasting very sweet, mainly because I had rather ripe bananas, it was nice, but I don't think I'd make it again.

As a comparison to the previous one I also made a slightly less healthy version, which had only bananas and nutella in it and noone could tell the difference, so if you like that combination, the you'll probably also like the healthier version I described earlier.

Next up were the first cookies, completly vegan peanutbutter cookies, which had only peanutbutter, brown cain sugar and some dried berries in it, I chose goji berries. They were so easy to make, but not so easy to cook, they were very very soft, so soft I couldn't even pick them up from a plate, maybe I should'ev given them more time in the oven, I might give them another chance, since they did taste good.

Avocado and dark chocolate cookies

Then we had the second also vegan cookies, which were avocado and dark chocolate cookies, they were a bit more difficult to make, but the final cookie butter ended up being better than the peanutbutter cookie one. I loved the dark chocolate in it and so did the others. 3 out of the 4 of us rated these cookies better than the first ones, only Kai disagreed, but she might have had a cookie, with pretty much no chocolate in it, most of us enjoyed them very much and I will probably be making these ones again. They're also very good as little snacks to take to school, I matched them with some berries and they were very nice and easy to eat, when I had a free minute.

Vegan bleberry ice cream

Last dessert was a vegan ice cream, which didn't end up looking much like ice cream, but I might give it another chance with some other berries. It was more like a very cold berry smoothie. I made it with just creamy coconut milk and frozen blueberries, it was a little bit sour, but otherwise good. I wouldn't recommend blueberries, if you're afraid of getting your entire mouth blue, though, just saying.

So as a conclusion, I would say the test went well, I will be trying some other healthy recipies from that cook book and if any of them end up being very good, then it'll be in a blog post.

Until next time then, 
Kaiela :)


Kommentaarid

Populaarsed postitused