Tasting vegan food

Hello :)


Today we're going to talk a bit about different vegan foods, that we have tried and what we thought of them.

Firstly, vegan desserts: yoghurt and dark chocolate pudding. We tried soy based products, both by the company Alpro. The yoghurt was coconut flavoured and pudding with dark chocolate.

Without a doubt, the pudding was amazing, you definitely couldn't tell that there are no animal products used in it and I actually preferred it to most chocolate puddings, which for me are too sweet. I'd recommend it.

The yoghurt was fine as well, it pretty much tasted like unflavoured yoghurt with a slight hint of coconut, so if you like unflavoured yoghurt, then you'd definitely like it as well, for me it didn't find much of a use, but it was fine, nothing outstanding, though.

Vegan pizza

We also tried vegan cheese and something along the lines of vegan salami, we put them both on a pizza, that we made. The cheese was supposed to resemble cheddar cheese, but neither of us has ever tried cheddar, so we couldn't compare. For me the texture was deffinitely unusual and it was very orange, looked a bit like plastic, to be honest. it didn't have a very strong taste either, I couldn't taste it much on the pizza. I'm not a big cheese fan to start with, could easily live without it, but if for some reason I wanted to use cheese somewhere I think the vegan cheese would do it for me, for a cheese fanatic I think it might not be enough, though.

Now the salami like product, it actually smelled and tasted very good and I enjoyed it, but again, since I don't eat sausages or salami very often, then I didn't have much to compare it to. However, I would it eat it again.

As a substitute to milk, we've tried almond milk, chocolate soy milk and rice milk with coconut. My personal favourite is probably the chocolate soy milk, but I don't think that's a surprise to anyone. They all tasted very good to me and I could imagine myself drinking them again.

One plus that vegan products also had, is that they are packaged very well, you can actually open them, where you're supposed to and I'm very thankful to that.

So that's it for today, hope you enjoyed,
Kaiela :)

Kommentaarid

Populaarsed postitused