Using acrylic paint on my nails..first impressions

Hey hey :)


In today's post I talk about my first experience using acrylic paint on my nails. I've seen many nailartists using acrylic paint to create amazing nail art, so I thought I'd give it a try.

As usual I started with some base coat and then decided to paint my nails white, with just regular white nail polish, I feel like that's a must have for anyone wanting to do nail art, it creates a blank canvas to begin on.

So once the nailpolish dried I begun painting. It took a bit of time to get used to the texture, since I've previously only used nail polish, it's a lot thinner and not as smooth, so painting larger areas is not as simple, but for making smaller details, acrylic paint is perfect, you have a lot more control over how much paint gets on the brush and I also discovered that different brushes work well with paint and nail polish.

When using nail polish, I have to use very thin brushes, for the end result to be good, I've actually had to cut a few of my brushes thinner for that purpose, but with acrylic paint my larger brushes work a bit better, depending on what I'm trying to draw, of course.

Some thoughts I had, while using it: 


  • it dries very fast, much faster than nail polish
  • it is thinner and doesn't get sticky
  • blending colours is easy
  • good for smaller details, but difficult to do bigger areas, gets streaky
  • dries mat
  • doesn't smooth out as nail polish usually does, probably beacuse it fries so fast
  • easy to layer
  • very opaque
  • can add water to make it lighter and mor like watercolours
  • easy to fix, since it comes off from the nail with a bit of water and scrubbing
  • if you don't add enough top coat, it might come off faster, otherwise seems to last well

I think these were all my thoughts, I will be working with acrylic paint more and in future post I might add some tutorials or designs that I've made.

Here I'll just put the designs I've done so far with acrylic paint:




Kaiela :)

Kommentaarid

Populaarsed postitused